Retaining Walls in Herriman
Your new retaining wall is going to solve your erosion problem and bring a new element of style into your garden or outdoor space. At GruntStyle Lawncare & Landscaping, we specialize in designs that balance aesthetics with structural dependability. Want to learn more about what we do?
Do You Need Retaining Walls?
First, let’s define what a retaining wall is. As the name implies, the wall serves to keep earth and soil in its place. Sometimes, this is simply to combat erosion, such as when a home located on a steep hill. However, many landscape designs call for a garden or yard to have multiple levels. Your retaining wall in this case serves to preserve the integrity of the design and protect a manmade area from natural erosion. Whether decorative or absolutely necessary, there are many reasons a retaining wall can be right for your home.
Common Retaining Wall Materials
There are three main categories for retaining wall materials. Each sits on a different price level and comes with both advantages and disadvantages. Read the list below to better understand what would work best in your home.
- • Wood has a short lifespan but it is one of the most inexpensive options. As the wood ages, you’re wall’s structural integrity may fail. However, you can regularly replace wood panels as needed.
- • Mortared walls can be made with bricks, flagstones and veneers to give it style and texture that matches your landscaping. These are some of the most expensive options, but you do get a strong structure resistant to environmental pressures.
- • Segmental retaining walls use interlocking concrete blocks for a quick and easy installation. This is the middle of the road option as far as budget is concerned. The structural technique is durable and was used in lasting structures like the Pyramids and Great Wall of China.
How Much Will a Retaining Wall Cost?
Each wall and client are different, so we prefer to give each client a personal consultation that will address his or her needs and concerns. We will ask a series of questions during our consultation to develop a better idea of what you need and the scope of the project. As an example, we will ask:
- • What type of soil do you have (sand, clay, etc.)?
- • Is there anything above the wall that will apply added weight an pressure?
- • Is the surrounding ground level or sloped?
- • How tall will the wall be?
- • How long and wide will the wall be?
Depending on your situation, we may use a gravity or reinforced wall. Gravity walls rely on their natural design for support while reinforced walls take advantage of a supporting structure. Once we understand the scope of your project, we’ll quote you a fair price.
Get in Touch Today to Schedule a Consultation
Do you have any questions you’d like to ask? Fill out our quick contact form or give us a call to speak with a wall professional today. We will be happy to schedule your consultation appointment and give you all the information you need to make an informed decision.